The Bowman House, at 323 North Main Street, was built in 1826 and is typical of log dwellings built in Western Maryland during the first half of the 19th century. It has two stories built in an “L” shaped plan. A hewn V-notch construction detail was used at the exterior corners and there are three interior brick chimneys. John Bowman, Boonsboro’s well-known potter, purchased it in 1868 and operated his pottery business on the site. It was his home until his death in 1906. The shop where he fashioned pottery and the kiln for firing were probably located to the south or east of the house. The house has been restored and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The building serves as the headquarters of the Boonsboro Historical Society and is OPEN TO THE PUBLIC on the 4th Sunday of each month from April to October. OPEN THIS SUNDAY, APRIL 23RD FROM 2-4PM!